Drives: 2011 E90 328i, 2015 F15 35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswy6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTookies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aswy6 View Post
What is the total cost of this? Including parts and installation
I paid roughly about $2500 for all parts and tune inclusive shipping.

Not sure what the labor rates are and how long it would take for a shop to do it (a lot depending on local situations)... but it's not something that can be done in an hour or two (maybe 6-8h?). I had to do some things the hard way as I don't have a lift...and limited space...also had to raise/support the engine without a engine hoist...so things took some time... I worked on it over a weeks span, not all day everyday but a good amount. I sent the ECU to Malone and started working on it right after (since the car can't drive without that anyway).

I attached some pictures of the parts that I removed permanently such as the DPF EGR and SCR... the way I did it with raising the vehicle on some heavy duty stands...

Also some pictures of the parts I had made (straight pipe) and the new DP.
Looking good! Really want to do it for my wife but kind of want to keep it under 5k lol and of course dont want to deal with break downs and other crap too often. We are testdriving some 35i and 35d next week so we will see how it goes.
If you want to keep the car for an extended period I can only recommend going diesel...I'm at 120k now and only thing I had was the emissions problem... but that's now history as well lol
Appreciate 0