View Single Post
      01-31-2015, 06:01 AM   #178
FilipMPower
Second Lieutenant
Serbia
Rep
Drives: Anything with a locking diff

Looking at the engine animation and so on, I have one issue. Well, the first issue is that the "new engine" is still the same, old 4,4 Liter twinturbo which BMW unveiled in 2007 I believe, just that this one is tuned by the M division. Really, why not make a 3,8 Liter or 4 Liter V8, a lot more effective and modern, efficient, and as long as you solved the large turbo gap with the Hot-V layout, this shouldn't be a problem, or is it? Maybe R&D simply doesn't want to finance a new V8. Oh, and if the Rumors are true, the new 7 series will have the 4,4 Liter again... whyyyyyy.

The second issue is the position of the engine if you look at the drivetrain. More than half of the engine is in front of the halfshafts, which means that the X5 M and X6 M models will be nose heavy, which is Audi standard, but not acceptable in an M car, even if it is xDrive. I hate that feeling, thats why Im fond of the new M3 and M4 where at least 80% of the inliner is behind the half shafts, making the wheels turn freely, and feel like a mid engined car, if you ignore the sound.
Appreciate 0