View Single Post
      02-02-2015, 09:47 PM   #75
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by paicapo View Post
I have talked whit racechip Germany many times now about the settings and tolerance of the fuel pressure etc and they have confirmed that all the settings RC have been tested on the particular model and are whit good margins inside the tolerance of the cars engine etc. I haven't heard of a tune company yet that sell a tune whit a setting that will bust the car. My car is find have been monitoring sensor reads etc and all is well I think people are making to much of this tune like it's going to brake the turbo or something, it's a piggyback not a flash tune whit higher psi etc and at the most maybe it will cause slightly early fatigue on some parts like the high pressure pump in about 15 years. I bet you @opasha a beer that I won't get a CEL before September this year. I'm going over to Virginia beach in October so you better have a cold one ready
If that really is the case, then it will greatly improve RaceChip's reputation. I still am not sure how long many of these tuners test on an "exact" vehicle for a long period of time to warrant any CEL or not. It's skeptical. Still, if your car can handle it, that just shows that our F15s are built really really well. I'm not disagreeing with your settings; in fact, I'm happy they are working for you. I still recommend caution when others test the higher settings because you never know . It was only "recently" that RaceChip really started voicing more information in the BMW forums. Before nothing really was "updated" per say. Still, it's good to see these constant updates from you and others on how the chip is doing and performing. As always, everyone should start slow and work their way up and if too much, tone it back down by two settings.

I don't drink, but I'll gladly buy you lunch/dinner if you're ever in town .