View Single Post
      05-20-2016, 12:44 PM   #28
Xeno
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 M Sport 5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoWPK View Post
I had it work, sort of, on a trip last month.

On previous trips in our '14 X5 it did not work so that I'd become used to manually setting the time as we enter a new time zone. On this past trip, as I navigated to the time setting screen, I tried clicking on the auto time zone adjust option and a message briefly appeared (paraphrasing here); " Time will adjust when there is a connection to BMW services". The message went away after a couple of seconds and...what do you know, the time adjusted for the new time zone!

On the return, as we crossed back into our original time zone, I watched the clock and it did not adjust. After about 50 miles into the new time zone, I went to the time settings screen, unchecked the auto adjust option, closed the screen, then went back into the time settings screen and re-checked the auto adjust option and...just as before, the above message briefly appeared and the time adjusted.

So, it appears as if the system is not automatically checking for a time zone change unless you initiate it by checking the auto adjust option (it having been previously unchecked).

Asked the 'genius' at our dealership about it and he didn't have a clue.
I will not be able to test this for another 8 days but it will be disappointing if we put the auto in auto-time adjust. I was hoping that the last major software update I got last month had resolved this period.

I check with all kinds of BMW personnel when I discovered the original limitation and never found anyone that knew what I was talking about.
Appreciate 0