04-30-2014, 06:24 PM   #24
joejoejr
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyewalt View Post
Don't know what kind of relationship you have with your dealer, but he might be able to help out.
I really wanted to buy the X from my local dealers but they wouldn't budge on price. Hence, I had to purchase the car out-of-state. Needless to say, I have no relationship with my local dealers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
I used to rent by the month for work. They'll negotiate the rate if you ask. I was always renting for several months in a row so used that as incentive.. Maybe pretend you are too

Try enterprise or hertz local (off airport).

I agree with the dealer angle though. I would start there, see if they can get you a loaner or rent you one, maybe a discount at enterprise at least.
So I called enterprise and hertz and used the web for pricing information as well. Couldn't find a reasonable size car for less than $700 month and don't even think about getting a SUV as a long term rental. In the end I stumbled upon a 15% off web coupon which I was able to use in conjunction with my BMW CCA Hertz discount. Ended up getting a full size for ~$550 for about a month. That works for me.
Appreciate 0