01-12-2024, 07:42 PM   #14
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYAWE60 View Post
Hi Guys (and Gals), its been quite some time since I last posted on Bimmerpost. But I'm back now and glad to be here. The past few years I was busy setting up a new business, managing my career, moving to a new house, renovating it and with my kids getting older, I became involved in their weekend sports and activities. Lets just say life took over.

Up until recently I had an E70 X5M, it was a two owner vehicle (I was the second owner). I purchased it from a wealthy portfolio manager that I worked with. It with 65K miles on it. He only serviced the car at BMW and was a gearhead, he spared no expenses maintaining it. The car came with a binder of receipts and preventative labor work. Truth be told, I enjoyed driving it just as much as my 997TT. The fact that something so big, could be so agile and sporty was just amazingly satisfying every time I got behind the wheel. After 3 years, it decided to grenade on me overnight (little did I know). I had it worked on for about 2 months and after about $8000 between an indy and BMW of Mamaroneck (those scum bags - thats a story for another day), I decided to throw in the towel.

Well its been about 8 months without my X5M and I miss her dearly. I want to get another but the E70 X5M platform is too old and the F85 X5M platform is a bit out of budget. So that leads me to my dilemma. I really want another V8 X5, preferably an xDrive50i 2016+ model but my budget cap is $25,000. I know that's doable but I hear all kinds of horror stories about the N63tu motor. I thought it was supposed to be better than the [...]
I have been driving my 2018 X5 50i for over 3 years now. I bought mine CPO when it was 2 years old as an early lease return with less than 20K miles. It was in excellent shape and I got the CPO wrap that extended the warranty for 7 years and unlimited miles, so under warranty till mid 2025. So far, it has worked flawlessly for me. It is definitely not an M, and I like it mainly because it is a very sporty SUV (and I mean use it as an SUV). I had a Cayenne S and RRS before the X5 and I would say the 50i splits the difference in terms of driving dynamics and comfort…the F15 is one of my favorite platforms ever. It’s a very nice combination of fun driving, utility and comfort. I am not someone who likes ultra luxury SUVs. I want to be able to take it to the beach, skiing and dirt roads….but also DD.
Appreciate 1
NYAWE60649.50