10-28-2013, 06:27 PM   #5
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWMN1971 View Post
I currently have 10k miles leasing and I will return the car with 4k miles over. I am getting a 12k miles on the new one. As far as cost, if you pay the extra mileage before you return the car (according to the dealer even couple hours before returning it) it will cost $0.16/mile otherwise it will be $0.20/mile.
Your dealer is incorrect. The dealers themselves have nothing to do with the cost, BMWFS does. as they own the lease... I got this straight from bmwusa.com, logged into my lease account, clicked on buy more miles:

What does it mean to buy more Lease miles?
More miles = more driving fun. So, you think that you might go over the number of miles in your lease contract? BMW Financial Services allows you to buy additional miles today, for up to a 20% savings, and enjoy more driving fun now without paying more later.

Why should I buy more miles?
Enjoy more miles of exhilarating driving behind the wheel of your BMW. Why worry about having to pay at the end of your lease for going over your allotted miles? Use the mileage calculator to estimate the number of additional miles you want to enjoy in your BMW and see how much you will save by purchasing them now.

What are the benefits?
Cost Savings - Save up to 20 percent on additional lease miles by purchasing them ahead of time
Flexibility - Additional miles can be purchased in one lump sum payment, or the total cost may be spread out over the remaining monthly payments.
It's Easy! Everything you need to complete this process is available right here on the My BMW website.

Don't delay! This service is available to you until you reach 4 months from the end of your lease. So purchase your additional miles today!

Last edited by chrisny; 10-28-2013 at 06:34 PM..
Appreciate 0