kenniff
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i 22 model Arctic grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5M50D View Post
Hi GeeRam,
Nice to hear from you as I think the last post you made you were unhappy with your new X5. Have things improved over the last 3 months?
I'm on 3500 miles and enjoying the ride. Few niggles especially not having the keyless entry frustrates me but all in all really happy.
Averaging between 30 and 35 mpg on my daily 25 mile commute which is a lot better than I thought.
Would be good to hear from the other UK members, especially those who collected their cars around the same time as ours (March 17) and see how they are liking their SUV
6 weeks in for me - I'm v happy with the extra zip, even if I always seem to follow up touching the accelerator by jumping on the brake! My only niggle was that when selecting reverse it defaults to the rear cam instead of the "birds eye" view. On my old F15 you could switch to birdseye and it would remember it for next time.

Not sure I've got the hang of the traffic jam assist - nor that i really follow the difference between it and just using the ACC. How is TJA supposed to help you steer when it insists you keep a hand on the wheel anyway? Also, is it right that in a traffic jam when using TJA or ACC if you come to a full stop it wont move off again unless you touch the accelerator?

Finally I think I may have a slow puncture - got the tyre pressure warning thing (right rear just below the required threshold). Topped them all up and 2 days later same thing. Only 2000 miles on the clock!
Appreciate 0