05-01-2014, 09:34 AM   #9
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWMN1971 View Post
I would be pissed!!! However, I would try to agree that the dealer exchanges the wheels once they get them at no charge. I would not deny taking delivery since it will probably take you an eternity to get another car. BTW, I live the 469M way more than the 451's.
I wouldn't think he needs another car, just the wheels. Not sure what the dealer could or would do to get them, but if he takes delivery, just needs to make sure there is a written agreement in place stating that they'll swap the wheels at no charge when they get them in.

Thing is, these are expensive wheels and even though it's their mistake, they may not accept them back as used wheels in a month or 3 or whenever the ones come in, they can easily re-sell his car if they want to be jerks about it. My guess, maybe they offer a discount on accessory wheels like others on here have gotten for similar issues, maybe they offer to hold the car until they can get the 469's, maybe they offer a $950 credit plus something for his trouble, etc… I just don't see them offering to let him take it as is then swap the wheels at no charge after the wheels (and tires) have been driven on for several thousand miles.. Then again, it is their fault, so maybe the price they pay is having a set of used wheels and tires on their hands……

We're all waiting for an update, OP, what'd they do?
Appreciate 0