View Single Post
      05-02-2014, 09:06 AM   #10
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic80 View Post
Alan, I don't know about that. I have Xpel on mine and could you tell it's there? In my photos that is. I know it's harder to tell in photos but trust me when I say that XPel is fairly optically clean that it wouldn't cause the paint underneath to "change color" like you say. I also have Opticoat on the non-XPel portions and I think that's the best way to do it.
I can't tell in your pics but i'm sure I could in person. Xpel is the best one to get if you were to get any clear bra work done but from what i've seen in other cars give it some time for it to turn slightly yellowish. They all do from what i've seen but they do it over time. I didn't mean that it turns the paint under it yellow but rather the product itself does change color slightly. Might not be as noticeable on certain colors like Space Gray but on other lighter colors its visible. My other issue with it has more to do with the installer skill level. Every car i've seen with any kind of clear bra on it I could spot within seconds of looking at it. I jsut don't like seeing the seams but thats because I am very picky with stuff like that.

Alan