12-15-2013, 02:04 PM   #19
Luxembourg
Enlisted Member
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: F15 M-Sport 30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5x2 View Post
[...]wonder if this is a UK build with extended dash as standard, certainly nothing in brochure about different dashboards
I ordered mine on Saint Nicholas day in the UK as well. I had a chance to be in touch with a well-informed and surprisingly (as for BMW) very professional sales rep who double-checked and confirmed to me (in writing) that all UK-specified F15s come with 6WA (extended black panel) as standard and it's linked to Nav Pro fitted as standard (unlike here in Luxembourg, in Germany or in Belgium - I verified at all 4 locations to find the best price before finally ordering on the cheapest EU motor-market, which currently seems to be UK).
The basic cluster is not available at all in the UK (though it's a default one in Luxembourg or in Germany if you don't take the Nav Pro). One of many reasons why the difference of the same spec'ced vehicle bought in the UK Vs. Luxembourg, Germany and Belgium = exactly 10.897,54 EUR left in my pocket
Initially, I even wanted to wait till late April for 6WB (full display) available but delivery times for LHDs in the UK are a bit longer, so I wouldn't get my truck for summer in such case, which was the whole point of getting the 7-seater for family's next vacation anyway...
Appreciate 0