View Single Post
      12-21-2017, 03:05 PM   #34
MN2///M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: very fast!

I'd be curious of how they diagnosed the "leaky" injector...especially if you had not noticed any change in performance/driveability prior to the Drivetrain Malfunction.

I'm not going to state the dealer is being untruthful, but sometimes, I believe they will replace items in a shotgun fashion to prevent you possibly being upset with them in the future for something else failing that just happens to cause a similar issue.

I think many techs are too reliant on the computer diagnostics....computer tells them cylinder 4 has a misfire, they see you have not changed your spark plugs, but just to be sure they do the fuel injector and spark plugs even though a bad/worn spark plug can cause a misfire just as well.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but in 30 years of owning fuel injected cars, I've never had a fuel injector go bad despite keeping many of my cars for a decade and well over 100k miles. Not saying it can't or won't happen, just that I've read about what seems to be a disaportiantly high amount of low mileage BMW's where the dealer replaced fuel injectors for one reason or another.

Either way, glad for you that the 50 is fixed for a relatively low amount of money and running like a top.
Appreciate 1