Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Peaks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
For those interested in coding your F15 for larger brakes...here is the instructions I followed. Huge thanks to Shawnsheridan for figuring out the code for the F15 being SBRE. For the F30 its SPBR.

This is how you code for Big brake kits for the car. This is REQUIRED or you will have mushy brakes after installing the brakes. Got this from another thread....

=> Connect
=> Expert Mode
=> Coding
=> Read FA
=> Save FA
=> Editors and viewers
=> FA-editor
=> Go to HO-Wort and right click on "Edit," then type SBRE under the HO-Wort file
=> Select the FA, "Calculate FA" to verify that no errors are found after adding the SBRE.
=> Write (write) FA to your car. No confirmation window will appear after saving the FA to the car
=> Expert Mode
=> Coding
=> Read (read) the FA. You are able to see SBRE be added to the HO-Wort folder on your car.
=> Read SVT, and locate the "DSC" (File Folder SVT / ECU / DSC), then right-click the "DSC" folder and select "Code". Consolidation should start immediately.
=> Allow the coding is over, and repeat step 1 to save a copy of the new FA.
=> Disconnect the car's computer.
The M-Performance brake is now activated and enjoy the authentic experience of M Performance brake.
Can the bbk upgrade be coded via Carly or bimmercode? I don't have access to a laptop. Or if anyone is in the Pittsburgh, DC, Maryland, Virgina area... can help?
Was my question until I saw this coding line. And those smarter than me can correct me if I'm wrong but pretty sure the app can only do FDL coding and this refers to FA coding. Idk what the difference is but no I think is the answer
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0