View Single Post
      05-10-2023, 09:15 AM   #13
virtualbong
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfandl View Post
"No warning tones" was a key indicator on mine when the AMP failed. It got wet from blocked sunroof drains and fried the AMP. I plugged in a fiber bypass to confirm it was the amp. There could also be a blown fuse to control turning on the AMP. I don't recall if I needed ISTA to identify but I know it'll show what is not communicating with the other devices on the MOST bus.

BTW - If you have comprehensive insurance on the car and it's water damage, you can file a claim and have them cover the cost. If you go that route, you might want to upgrade to a Bavsound amp, it'll blow you away compared to the factory BMW Hi-Amp.
Can someone confirm that there is no coding needed for a similar amplifier out of an F15 X5? I had purchased the BAV Amplifier to replace what I am thinking is a bad Harmon Kardon amplifier, but when I installed it, there was still no sound. I am now looking to buy a replacement F15 X5 amplifier from a 2016.
2011 BMW 550i M-Sport (Jet Black/Cinnamon Brown) - 4/30/14 | 2007 BMW 328xi e92 (Jet Black/Coral Red) - PAST | 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (Ivory White/Stone) - PAST | 2005 Acura TSX (Obsidian Black/Black) - PAST
| 1998 Acura Integra (Black/Black) - PAST
Appreciate 0