View Single Post
      05-25-2017, 02:38 AM   #36
dzvero
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M$4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beartato View Post
Why are we blaming the guy on the bike? The idiots in the car made the illegal move. Everyone's so quick to judge but this guy had about 2 seconds to react, he didn't have the luxury like we do of watching it over and over on Youtube to figure out the best plan of action.

As a rider myself I really wanna strangle those guys in the car.
This ^ . You cant change direction to fast or brake hard in a bike. It will be more dangerous. And 2 sec is nothing in this short distance. I had similar situation driving in right line on 35mph street. approaching red light which turned green . There was only one car in my lane which was also moving ~30 mph. both left and right lanes had few cars stopped . the car in front of me passes these cars and all of sudden one of drivers in the middle lane decided not to wait for cars in front of him and changed in my lane. I see it in like slow motion him moving in my lane. I applied brakes but it takes time to see and react. Point is people dont pay attention and it takes time to react . Bikes are not cars. if he moves right will get run over by another car . if he moves left will be between wall and that car - its worst scenario.
Appreciate 0