DavidTSG
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisina4 View Post
Just ordered 2015 X5 xDrive50 for my with with
ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant and Driver Assistance Plus.
Wanted to confirm that my X5 will not be able to do something similar that I have in my Audi S6. See link below:

At least I was hopping that X5 will be able to perform the similar function when not using ACC.
If you're vehicle is equipped with both ACC Stop & Go & Driver Assistance Plus, the X5 will work similar to how the video describes the Audi. I'm sure there are subtle variations, but you will get the warning and brake intervention even if the cruise is not active, provided the Frontal Collision Warning function is active. It's possible to turn it off, but it will automatically reactivate whenever you start the car.

If you don't have ACC but do have Driver Assistance Plus, you'll still get similar functionality, it's just more limited. It's intended for driving on surface streets in the city, slower than 35mph according to the owner's manual. Shouldn't matter for you, but FYI.

A couple of differences - I don't believe that the X5 will close the windows and sunroof. And there's no rear collision warning of which I'm aware.

Last edited by DavidTSG; 08-10-2014 at 05:58 PM..
Appreciate 0