View Single Post
      08-10-2014, 10:46 PM   #27
pinstripe1
Rep
Drives: Future X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTSG View Post
If you're vehicle is equipped with both ACC Stop & Go & Driver Assistance Plus, the X5 will work similar to how the video describes the Audi. I'm sure there are subtle variations, but you will get the warning and brake intervention even if the cruise is not active, provided the Frontal Collision Warning function is active. It's possible to turn it off, but it will automatically reactivate whenever you start the car.

If you don't have ACC but do have Driver Assistance Plus, you'll still get similar functionality, it's just more limited. It's intended for driving on surface streets in the city, slower than 35mph according to the owner's manual. Shouldn't matter for you, but FYI.

A couple of differences - I don't believe that the X5 will close the windows and sunroof. And there's no rear collision warning of which I'm aware.
Great information. Where is the info on how these systems work? Even if limited.

I don't understand how BMW can be so cryptic with information on the cars they are selling. When even a well informed group of people like the ones on this board don't understand things...its a problem.
Appreciate 0