View Single Post
      07-23-2016, 09:17 PM   #17
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Bumping this thread up because I just went from stock --->Dinan--->Eisenmann Race on my X5M.

I loved the way the Dinan looked and was very well made. Sound increase from stock was subtle and maybe 10-15% louder than stock. Driving around keeping the rpms below 3K it sounds stockish. If you let it rev out it sounds great and noticeably louder than stock. Again maybe 15-20% or so judging from my ears.

I went with Eisenmann Race simply because i wanted something significantly louder than stock. Boy did i get it with this exhaust lol. I would say its atleast 50% louder than stock if not more. Its bassy down low and mixed with raspy up high which sounds glorious. THIS is what I was looking for in an exhaust for this car. The 102MM tips while not as refined as the Dinan just looks ultra aggressive compared to the 90mm Dinan. If you want to hear your exhaust all the time then the Eisenmann race is the one to get. If you only want to hear it when you are revving it out and driving aggressively then Dinan is a good choice.

I also did a test by disabling ASD with the Dinan which made the car way too quiet. If you kept the RPMs below 4K it sounded like a bone stock X5 35i. After 4K you can hear the exhaust alittle.

I did the same with the Eisenmann Race and with ASD disabled this is the sweet spot for me. Natural sound from the rear and plenty loud enough. I didn't need the ASD sound blended in there any more and it was a bit much with it on. Race with ASD off is the ticket.

Right now I am very happy with the switch

Alan

Last edited by Alan l.; 07-23-2016 at 09:39 PM..
Appreciate 0