Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 Comp BGM / Sahkir

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgiibanez View Post
Hello All,

I'm new to the X5 forum, got the (wife)car in June. I drive a 128i for the past eight years and past wife cars 2004 X3 and 2013 X3. So I've reading for a while the forums "Great Place for Information"!

Well here's my story I took in my car for the oil service. I've been with the same dealer and service since day one. Never had an issue until now.
The car went on Friday and I always check the car by the outside. I didn't realize that it looks like someone had a screwdriver in there pocket and punctured the drivers door panel.

Has anyone had service damage while there car was in service and what has been the outcome?

I don't care if it's a Hyundai or BMW, I always take care of my cars as I have not found money growing on tress.
Service cracked my windshield while changing the wiper blades and they tried to say it was a rock that hit the glass during driving after much back and forth after a month or so- they relented that it was their fault; they replaced the glass (over $2k); The moral is check the entire car before and after leaving your vehicle at the dealer plus those drop off forms should be completed fully and enforced; if they didn't note the damage at the time of delivery you could fight it out - I went all in; filed a complaint better business bureau, opened a complaint with BMW USA, wrote them up on yelp, google etc...results sped up quickly after all the noise I made; good luck...??
Appreciate 0