View Single Post
      08-07-2017, 06:03 PM   #13
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayatthebeach View Post
Asked if they had any bigger engine models, as I may have switched out with him. He said that they dont sell many X5's with the bigger motor. He said the engine upgrade alone would be 8K which is why they dont sell very well so they dont carry them. Has none on the lot.
I wouldnt pay 8K more for that engine. If I could get near 400hp with 3k worth of engine mods, I think id be further ahead. I cant see paying 70-75 for an X5...No Way No How. Just seems over-priced to me. Youre in maserati/rover money at that point. The Levante has 350hp stock engine. I hate to say it, but I'd take the new Maserati for even money.

My X5 was a demo...3k miles, I paid like 55k very nicely loaded except the powerplant...thats far enough from 75k that I can live with it.

Is the MPPK with Dinan overlay the best option?
Will the warranty be voided from BMW?
OP with MPPK you are still going to have one of the fastest SUV (SAV) on the road no doubt and as you said it's not worth paying $8k more to get less reliable engine haha. Besides I really love how MPE sounds on 35i - one of the best sounding cars imho

P.S. That been said, my 50i benchflashed at BPC - I am at around 3.9 sec 0-60 and 445 awhp and 520 awtq on dyno - that's about roughly (depending on coefficient of AWD loss + automatic tranny loss) 530-550hp and 625 tq. AFAIK the only faster SUV out there is Model X P100D
Appreciate 0