View Single Post
      08-07-2017, 06:33 PM   #14
surfcali
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Mineral White

I did MPPK, MPE, KW V3s - here are my thoughts on them:

1. MPPK - debatable if it's worth it, but a bit more low end power, I don't feel it much on high end. Other forum members hyped this up and I was disappointed after getting it. However that being said, I still could never go back to the original stock mapping.

2. MPE - sounds great during cold start, but much quieter when warm. Burbles audible mostly when in a parking garage - not as frequent or loud if you are coming from an e92 with MPE. My friend has an M235i with MPE and his is much louder than on my X5. Again, other forum members overhyped this for me. The youtube videos are in parking garage that echos. Advice: Straight pipe to quad tips - and if there is drone, add a resonator. I've heard 2 muffler deletes and they sound pretty good. PM me if you want me to text you a vid.

3. KW V3 - so far, so good, but so expensive. However, compared to the spring options, this is the only option for those who like the low look. Eibach springs keep stock height look in my opinion. H&R looks pretty good though! I'd probably just do that if I were to lease the car and go back to stock.

Last edited by surfcali; 08-07-2017 at 06:38 PM..
Appreciate 0