View Single Post
      03-21-2017, 01:07 AM   #3240
PeanutButterJellyTime
'06 525xi, '14 435xi, '17 X5 50i, '16 428xi GC
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 428xi GC

Sorry if this has been brought up before but the number of posts in this thread made me scared to go through them all. I have thoroughly reviewed all information that were posted and have not seen anything to address this.

First of I would like to thank all involved in the step-by-step guide as it made it easy to learn the basics. For some reason I cannot download the information on the VO coding as it is something I will be using next.

I finally got down to doing some coding today so I was able to code a few simple codes, but as I coded them and exited esys and later turned it back on new .ncd files start to appear. I started off with maybe 8 and now I have 30+. Is this normal? To clarify I did save all 8 modules that initially appeared.

What I also noticed was that some of the modules (ICM, and many others) were not displayed until I rebooted esys. I figure that since these .ncd files are appearing that I should save them as they are the original configuration from the factory. Now I am just confused. Did I initially followed the steps wrong?

Would anyone be able to offer any guidance? Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 1