View Single Post
      05-25-2014, 03:23 PM   #24
Zipforia
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
In all honesty, I have a new found appreciation for Space Gray after seeing your car with those wheels. At first, I was like, hm, why didn't he get the silver finish because it's quite shiny. The black wheels actually blend really well with your color, but I really think it's because of the style you chose. It just looks very stealth-like. That's actually my favorite ACS wheel design after seeing the new blue ACS X5 a few months ago. Like others have said, no need to lower it. It looks good as is .
Thanks, Opasha. I had a silver car prior, and wanted something different. I was actually looking for an Imperial Blue, but didn't make them in M-Sport. So, I went with Space Grey. I was a little worried about getting black rims also, because I have satin roof rails and thought it might not match so well. That's why I was going to see if satin grilles will balance out the silver with all the black parts I have. If I knew I would end up with black rims, I would've stuck with shadow line roof rails...always 20/20 in hindsight.

I think you and others are right. I think it looks fine without lowering. The weather's better today and I took another look and I think it looks fine.

BTW, here are the photos of the M brakes. Front and rear.

Z.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0