View Single Post
      08-24-2017, 04:04 PM   #1
sfiermon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 535xi

Done with the X5

I can't do it anymore. Just not happy with the overall experience. So less than a year in, I'm selling it and moving on. I only got the x5 as I was rear ended in my 4 year old x3 with 102k miles on it. Got a sweetheart deal. Loved the x3

I hate the AC. I have to disable the overpriced rear climate in iDrive just to drive acceptable airflow.

Mocha Package with the leather dash. Don't know about anyone else but there's a smell from this that gives me a headache on hot days. Also, this interior just always feels hotter than other cars to me. It was annoying.

CarPlay hardly ever worked. Very clunky implementation and not as fluid as a ford rental I had last year! Also static on about 40% of my calls.

Mileage was not as good as advertised ~23.5 with eco pro and careful driving. Expected better.

Wind noise was higher than I expected for a 65k+ car. Dealer wouldn't troubleshoot it as it was within acceptable standards.

Few more nit picky things but I expected a lot more from a flagship model with BMW.
Appreciate 0