View Single Post
      08-24-2017, 07:46 PM   #2
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfiermon View Post
I can't do it anymore. Just not happy with the overall experience. So less than a year in, I'm selling it and moving on. I only got the x5 as I was rear ended in my 4 year old x3 with 102k miles on it. Got a sweetheart deal. Loved the x3

I hate the AC. I have to disable the overpriced rear climate in iDrive just to drive acceptable airflow.

Mocha Package with the leather dash. Don't know about anyone else but there's a smell from this that gives me a headache on hot days. Also, this interior just always feels hotter than other cars to me. It was annoying.

CarPlay hardly ever worked. Very clunky implementation and not as fluid as a ford rental I had last year! Also static on about 40% of my calls.

Mileage was not as good as advertised ~23.5 with eco pro and careful driving. Expected better.

Wind noise was higher than I expected for a 65k+ car. Dealer wouldn't troubleshoot it as it was within acceptable standards.

Few more nit picky things but I expected a lot more from a flagship model with BMW.
I'm in AZ with 104F and no issues like you describe. Car interior can feel hotter because it is more materials and more padded and isolated. It's one of the quietest cars I've had from around 12 different brands. There's Alex on Autos reviewer - he does honest and to the point reviews and he measures dB noise and x5 f15 had lowest so far!
23.5MPG is a very good mileage for an x5! My 50i has 14mpg in city lol. For the performance I get (I can pretty much walk 99.99% of cars on road) this mpg is low price to pay! This is not a econobox. Many owners - especially who lease - have confused expectations - BMW is not a reliable Toyota or Honda machine, it's a pleasure machine for driving experience. This is why i bought 50i and not 35i - as for mpg and reliability or techno gimmicks like carplay and such - I might have as well looked elsewhere - maybe a good idea to look into different brands even. On contrary I test drove X3 before choosing x5 and it felt small, underpowered and a class below to x5. I'm not choosing cars based on carplay or mpg but I can see your frustration, well we all learn on our mistakes eventually, BMW is not for everyone
Appreciate 7