View Single Post
      12-22-2015, 11:34 AM   #6
Bigb348
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jugdish View Post
I'm out of town now so can't post anymore pics as the X5 is at home. Basically, I have the sub laying across the back cargo area behind the second row seats. It's a beast and doesn't move at all. As Crackerjack15 says, you can get this setup with the amplifier built in. However, I went with separate components because you can always upgrade one or the other for future use and the only thing that is exposed is the speaker wire. If you get the sub with the built in amp you will see the exposed ground and power cables which are quite large in diameter.

Pretty sure this sub won't fit in the spare wheel well storage compartment, it's larger then it looks. I think you will also lose some thump if you did place a sub there.

Hooking up to the battery is a snap as it's located under the back cargo area. There's something like 8 screws that need to be removed and the plastic trim lifts off of the battery..... Oh... and it sounds awesome with the BAV Sound ghost woofers...
Thanks for the reply. I'm going with the powered box as shown above w 2-8's. I'm adding a line converter like you did in your
setup. Can't wait to hear it w the bavsound ghosts.
Appreciate 0