View Single Post
      06-16-2016, 02:00 AM   #19
eWave
Rep
Drives: BMW F15 X5 30d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkG335 View Post
There are many sensors required to trigger the airbag,!even disconnecting while driving along would at most tigger the SRS warning light. No issues with disconnecting with the car turned off.

Is the interior alarm standard in all countries (didn't used to be)? It's not loud in any case so they may just smash and grab - once the door is open I reckon 10, 15 seconds max to have the wheel off and be gone.

I guess the thief is still opening a door here?

It just doesn't make sense.
There is an interior alarm for sure in my X5. Once I locked the car at petrol station while the kids were still inside, and basically just a small movement inside the car triggered the alarm.

Yes thief opened the rear door and moved from the middle to the driver's seat, there was a visible footprint in the arm rest between front seats.

Surprisingly good news is, that the border police stopped one guy on the border of Germany and Poland, carrying 3 BMW steering wheels and 2 navigation systems*–*one of the steering wheels connected to my rental 1-series. So even during the times of free movement between EU countries, there might be some luck after all. But of course there are still prenty of them free, so time to upgrade security somehow anyway.
Appreciate 0