View Single Post
      11-04-2014, 12:55 PM   #58
Tlon
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
How was the overhead ambiance light in E70? I don't think we are missing anything in F15, are you referring to courtesy lights? I just let my E70 go, it was a really nice vehicle. F15 feels like a completely different vehicle. If someone blind folded me and removed all familiar interior, F15 drives nothing like E70, but it's not all bad so far. Seats are more comfortable (standard leather seats) I went from all black to white interior, I really like how cozy & fresh it looks.
I'm not sure what it was called on the E70, but the area with the moonroof controls had a very faint amber lighting that illuminated all the way down to the shifter without being intrusive. I thought it was a very nice touch. Plus the overhead light was not quite as blinding when the door is opened.

I guess my feeling so far is that the E70 was very intuitive (other than the central locking system being where it was, which in the end I really liked) and gave you the controls where you needed them most. For every step forward on the F15 -- I love the sync button on the climate control, having 8 programmable buttons instead of 6 -- there seems to be two or three steps back on user interface.

My biggest pet peeve might be the instrument cluster problem, though. It looks absolutely terrible at night. Not sure what to do about that. That and the MC seats. I miss the biggeer bolster support from the E70 MC seats.
Appreciate 0