Thread: Bodyroll on x5
View Single Post
      02-11-2015, 02:03 PM   #46
cenix
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 ZCP

I am still of the old school and I have an irrational distrust the "active" anti-roll bars that are being offered on today's cars. I am sure the systems work well as noted here on the boards by many members, and I know there are merits to the active style systems, namely, having the continuous ability to adjust roll resistance instantly to driving conditions. I wish there was a way to have the roll resistance set to your liking, and not according to how the software controls it within its set parameters. I hope BMW does this in the future because that feature would be outstanding.

I wish BMW offered the torque vectoring as a separate option like Porsche does. This would help with cornering more than the ARS in my opinion.

The standard anti-roll bars are not small by comparison. 27mm up front and 23mm in the rear. I'm not sure if these are hollow or solid bars, since that would play a big part in ultimate roll resistance and overall spring rates. I am hopeful the aftermarket will release something soon and that should help those without the ARS to have some flatter cornering, too.
Appreciate 2