View Single Post
      06-21-2015, 04:33 PM   #16
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
I happen to be among the folks who aren't "sold" on the concept of //M+SUV, but I like powerful and fast vehicles. That said, it seems like a very nice truck and one I certainly would enjoy driving.

Not related to X5M specifically, I wish I had the first idea of the point of pedestrian warning systems. Where on Earth is that feature actually useful? In the city (at least my city) where one is likely to encounter pedestrians, one is only driving at 25mph or less. I can't say I recall in 40 years of driving having ever seen a pedestrian crossing the highway.

Does the system consider deer the same as pedestrians? In the burbs, and even in the city itself, a "deer warning system" would be most helpful. Unlike pedestrians, deer can't be counted on to wait for a vehicle moving at 40mph+ to pass before attempting to cross the road. <winks>

All the best.
I was actually saved by it twice on a 6 series, once downtown when a drunk pedestrian ran accross the street. I was only going about 30 or below but still did not see him, pedestrian warning flashed on my hud and I hit the breaks. Another time I was in a dark area and someone ran across the street, also didn't see him until pedestrian warning came up, I was going at least 50mph. Maybe we just have more idiots in this city.

That being said, it has given me many false alarms as well. On mine it was also coded to display a warning on my hud even when night vision was off. Not sure if that comes standard now or if it still needs to be coded that way.
Appreciate 0