View Single Post
      06-21-2015, 10:13 PM   #18
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Out of curiosity, what are some of the "things" in your path when the system gave a false alarms?

It's strange that the system gives false alarms at all. I mean, either the thing in front of the car is a human or it's not. Not many things look like a pedestrian, so I'd have thought that the system wouldn't give a lot of false alarms. Perhaps an ostrich or emu to a pedestrian detection system resembles a pedestrian, but in general bipedalism is fairly uncommon thing among large animals. Even though some animals, bears for example, can walk on two feet, for very few is it the mode of locomotion they'd use to cross a street.

All the best.
Construction cones/barrels, reflective poles on guard rails, even a small dust storm set it off once.

Normally pedestrian detection was only on when you had night vision turned on and viewing it on the iDrive at night. I coded it so that night vision would always be on even when it wasn't showing on the screen. The system wasn't made for that, at least not at the time, so false warnings make sense, especially in daylight.
Appreciate 0