View Single Post
      05-10-2014, 09:20 PM   #7
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWMN1971 View Post
I got an appointment with my local dealer for Monday. Interesting on the thread you sent me is that they were getting a "camera malfunction" warning. I get nothing. I checked my vehicle settings it it says "all systems OK". Also the advisor at the dealer today check the reading of my key fob and it shows no issues in the car. Hope it is an easy fix but if they have to order a new camera from Germany I will probably get the car back with the non working camera and take it back when the new camera arrives. There is no way I will leave the car there for 6 days like other mentioned waiting for a camera to arrive.
Sorry, I could not assist you further. Your issue does seem unique, but on the second or last page of the thread i gave you, someone mentioned the black screen similar to yours. I could have misread it. In regards to keeping your car, I agree with you. It's better to have your X5 because most dealers don't have anything comparable as a loaner. I got stuck with bare bones X3 and X1 both times for 2-3 days when my car was being serviced for the defective speaker. I hope they fix it for you soon.

To me it appears to be wiring (hardware) related if the software detects nothing. I'm guessing a loose connection.
Appreciate 0