hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalgoods13 View Post
Hi Golden,
Aesthetically in real life, the running boards make the side profile more aggressive and truck-like appearance.
May I also suggest Black Sapphire Metallic as to Jet Black. BSM looks more dramatic on any lighting conditions.
Thanks for all the info, I think you sold me on running boards. I just wanted to make it different in comparison to all that is out there, but looking at it more closely, I noticed that without running boards, more of the black unpainted plastic is visible so I might go with running boards after all.

I don't remember where, but I read somewhere jet black does not show the fine scratches as much as Metallic paint on BMW and overall gives a less glossy look. I haven't had a chance to see both in person for a comparison but if it is anything like the DSB that I currently have, I am not impressed with the paint quality at all, it chipped and peeled at slightest scratch and left nasty white marks. I can't tell if this is due to paint type or if BMW USA is not painting the vehicles as good as they do in BMW Germany.
Appreciate 0