View Single Post
      10-14-2017, 11:58 PM   #17
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Thank you for contacting BMW Financial Services regarding the payoff for the referenced account. We
are delighted to provide the information you requested.

All of the information required to pay off your account can be found in the following pages. Please
complete and return the enclosure(s) (Federal Odometer Disclosure Statement, Titling Instructions,
Overnight Title Option) of this document, along with certified funds made payable to Financial
Services Remarketing Inc. (FSRI). These items must be sent to one of our designated payoff
addresses, listed on page two.

Additionally, if you would like to expedite the return delivery of the title via overnight courier, please
check the appropriate box on page three and add an additional $15.00 to the payoff amount. Two
day express services will be used for Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and some rural areas. Please note
titles cannot be delivered via overnight courier to a post office box.
We are committed to providing you with the highest level of service. If you have any questions, please
contact a Customer Service Advocate at (800) 578-5000, Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to
9:00 p.m. ET, and from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET on Friday, or by mail at either address listed on the
left of this letter.

Best regards,
Jane Trapp
Customer Interaction Center Manager
BMW Financial Services NA, LLC

This payoff is good through October 27, 2017.
Balance $40,750.00
+ Sales / Use Tax $3,616.56
+ Overnight Courier Fee $15.00 (Optional)

The payoff quote may include items such as personal checks that have not yet cleared your bank. This quote is
subject to increase based on the return of any such items.
Sales tax, registration costs and titling fees, unless listed above, are the customer’s responsibility.

What are the payoff options?
Please send the payoff using certified funds. If you choose to use non-certified funds, such as a personal check, the
release of the title will be delayed by up to 15 business days.
Certified funds can be obtained from a bank. Common types of certified funds include cashier’s checks and money
orders.
BMW Financial Services does not accept wire or electronic transfers for payoff.

How should I write the check?
Make funds payable to Financial Services Remarketing, Inc. (FSRI). BMW Financial Services NA, LLC has assigned
the right to sell this vehicle for which a payoff quote has been requested to FSRI.
Please write the account number on the face of the check. Please avoid placing restrictive endorsements or language
such as “paid in full” on the payoff check, as this may result in funds being returned.
The US Bank payoff process utilizes the payoff check and BMW Financial Services' payoff instruction document. Any
additional documents, such as prepaid labels or additional instructions, will be immediately discarded.

Where should I send the payoff?
Please send the payoff to FSRI using either of the following addresses:
Regular Mail Overnight Courier
Financial Services Remarketing, Inc.
PO Box 83290
Chicago, IL 60691-0290

Financial Services Remarketing, Inc.
c/o US Bank, Box 83290
5300 S. Cicero Avenue
Chicago, IL 60638
If the overnight courier requests a telephone number for the addressee, please provide them the telephone number
for BMW Financial Services, (800) 578-5000

Federal Odometer Disclosure Statement (Leased Vehicle)
Federal law (and State law, if applicable) requires that the lessee disclose the mileage to the lessor in connection
with the transfer of ownership. Failure to complete or making a false statement may result in fines and/or
imprisonment.

Titling instructions
Due to state regulations, the title can only be transferred to the original lessee or licensed automobile retailer. The
title will be sent to the billing address on file unless a different address is provided below

Overnight title option
We will not return titles using courier account numbers or pre-paid air-bills. If you would like to expedite the delivery
of the title after the payment processing period, please use the Adjusted Total Net Payoff Amount and check the
YES box below. If the box is left unchecked, the title will be sent via regular mail after the payment processing period.
Please note, overnight deliveries are only applicable Monday through Friday, and do not include Saturday delivery.

Payoff FAQs
What should be done with the license plates?
License plates must remain on the vehicle in the following States:
AK, CA, DE, HI, KY, LA, MN, OK, OR, SD, TX, WA.
Plates must be surrendered to the Department of Motor Vehicles in the following states:
CT*, MA*, NC*.

* To reduce the liability for excise tax or personal property tax, you must send us the plate cancellation receipt or plate
transfer. The customer remains liable in all these states for taxes and other charges billed after the termination of the
Lease.

If the state is not listed above and the lessee’s plates are not eligible for transfer, please surrender the plates to the
Department of Motor Vehicles.

How and when will the title be received?
The payoff will post to your BMW Financial Services account one to two business days after it is received by FSRI. If
you pay using certified funds, the certificate of title will be mailed three business days after the payoff has posted to
the account. If you choose to use non-certified funds, such as a personal check, release of the title may be delayed by
up to 15 business days.

The only issue I see here is that it says plates are not eligible for transfer. I have vanity plates and I just renewed my registration (these plates were transferred from my old vehicle). I suppose the vanity plates can stay on the vehicle? That's the only confusing part here. Also, I am not paying for the buy-out, I don't want to have tax issues, because it says title can only be sent to me.

What exactly does this part mean:

Quote:
To reduce the liability for excise tax or personal property tax, you must send us the plate cancellation receipt or plate
transfer. The customer remains liable in all these states for taxes and other charges billed after the termination of the
Lease.
I will call BMW FS on Monday, but thanks for the suggestion. I forgot about MyBMW portal.

Last edited by hyde; 10-15-2017 at 12:05 AM..
Appreciate 0