View Single Post
      08-09-2023, 03:39 PM   #13
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Apparently yes. The "head unit" (aka the CIC - car information computer) is connected to the Central Info Display (screen)...the LVDS data line transmit the video data from the CIC to the Central Display.

Structure and inner electrical connection

The Car Information Computer (CIC) is connected to Terminal 30B via the rear power distribution box. The terminal status (Terminal R or Terminal 15) is signalled to the Car Information Computer via the bus system.

The LVDS (Low Voltage Differential Signalling) data line is used to transmit the video data from the Car Information Computer to the Central Information Display (CID).

The Car Information Computer is a bus user on the K-CAN and in the MOST network.

In order to transmit the extended functions and high data volumes quickly and in high quality, the Car Information Computer also has an Ethernet connection to the Central Gateway Module (ZGM) and the rear entertainment system (RSE, stands for "Rear Seat Entertainment").

The diagnostic connector is connected via Ethernet to the Car Information Computer.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 08-09-2023 at 03:52 PM..
Appreciate 0