View Single Post
      03-21-2017, 04:42 PM   #22
The Chaddening
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bicycle - reducing carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
I'm too on edge about loading my body up with so much caffeine (especially since I don't really drink coffee) so my ass is boring and just eat a greek yogurt with some granola and a banana before my work out.

I don't get some massive surge of energy but I don't get the massive crash I'm afraid I'll get either. I want to feel refreshed after my workout not like I'm going to fall over and die.
A good pre-workout isn't based upon the caffeine content.

For a couple years I made my own preworkout and many batches I made contained no caffeine at all. You would be surprised the results you would see from taking creatine hydrochloride, beta alanine, branch chain amino acids, and citrulline malate (pre only no post for citrulline). The only part of that formula you would notice would be the beta alanine. People new to the supplement will have a skin tingling sensation.

These are research proven for power, strength, and endurance. Examine.com will show unbiased research for each ingredient. I honestly can't imagine why someone would NOT take creatine at this point if you exercise regularly.

If you read the label of a preworkout and it has any of the following on it:

"ANNIHILATING PUMP"
"EXTREME MIND SHREDDED FORMULA"

Run the fuck away. These are trash.

Read up on Jim Stoppani. He can explain the benefits of each ingredient in his supplements and why you should take them. I have been studying nutrition/supplements for years and this guy gets it. Actually he first advocated for people to make their own supplements before coming out with his own supplement line.
Appreciate 1
fecurtis3262.00