11-25-2021, 07:44 AM   #3
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3orPorsche View Post
… i do not like the rubber mats so probably do abuse my regular cloth ones, but the velcro is SHOT- even when they worked well ?

has anyone else had this issue around 60k miles- did you guys go for rubber mats?
I’m at approx 88k but I have not had this issue…but I’m also a rubber all weather mat user. When you say the Velcro is shot…is it the pad on the pack of the carpeted floor mat…or the hook & loop fastener that gets screwed into the floor pan?

If it’s the Velcro pad on the underside of the floor mat…you can try picking up some new peel-n-stick Velcro pads from a fabric store or other vendors that sell Velcro pads to replace the failing Velcro on your carpeted mats. If the issue is the hook & loop pad…those can be replaced…or if the h&L pad is full of debris…cleaning out the debris from the hooks & loops would restore its ability to stick to the Velcro on the back side of the carpeted mats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalworks View Post
… keep having one of the velcro attachments that goes into the OE carpet popping out. Need to sort that, possibly glue it into the carpet?
What is the problem with your hook & loop pad? Is it not turning into the lock built into the floor pan below the carpet? Have you tried pressing down a bit harder then turning it 90° which should lock it into place…or are you just inserting the bayonet down into the carpet and not locking it into the floor pan?

Has the bayonet failed (broken) on the one that keeps slipping out? If not, take your screwdriver and put some downward pressure on it…then turn to lock it in place. If memory serves me correct…I believe the bayonet should be inserted through the carpet with its edges running front to back…then you lock it into place by turning it where the bayonet is running side to side.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 11-25-2021 at 08:44 PM..
Appreciate 0