View Single Post
      12-22-2014, 09:44 AM   #1335
nyquistcondition
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None

New X5 3.5 is home

I'll post more pics when I get another sunny day, but this will have to do for now. Brought it home Friday and I have to say I am very impressed. It is a beast in the snow even with all-seasons.

I was very concerned about the rough roads here but the suspension on the car works fine as stock. After ordering I worried about not going with M adaptive suspension but it looks like things are just fine as is.

Super happy with the Luxury line, thought maybe this was a mistake and the more aggressive M would be better but I love it.

The ACC Stop/Go is fantastic and works perfectly. Very impressive. Working out using the iDrive but it is going smooth. Iphone integration is working better than I expected. LED lights and auto high beams work perfectly - awesome! HK stereo is super.

Problems:

- Washer fluid sensor said things were low on a cold morning (10F). Only happened once so far.
- I noticed with car parked and running to warm up left fog light was off and right one was on. Now I can't reproduce.
- Small ding in A-pillar headliner interior when I picked it up. Not sure what to do about that. Irritating.
- Black plastic of driver seat near seat controls has a mottled look, like scratches but not really scratches. Maybe I should take a pic.
- I decided to skip the comfort seats. That was a mistake as the stock really don't have a lot of side support. Should have spent more time comparing these.

Thinking of coding VLD and Enhanced Bluetooth. I have a cable but need to investigate SW and know how. Lots of good things to read first from Opasha and co.

Thanks to everyone on this board for the help.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0