Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmag View Post
My first post and here's my F15 story.

I contacted my local dealer, Hilton Head BMW, to see if they were going to get in a X5 5.0 with the M Sport pkg and some other bells and whistles I'd like in a new X5. They didn't have any in inventory or any on the way, but they were able to track down one on a truck going down to West Palm Beach. I gave them a $2500 deposit to have it brought up here as it has most of what I'm looking for in a X5. I didn't want to build and order as I've been told there's less room to negotiate. Now that I've had them do all this work, have I significantly weakened my negotiation position? The MSRP is $82250 and the True Car value is $79060. Bottom line is I'd like to get this one before the end of the year (business and tax reasons). Do you think I'll be able to get the True Car value? If I can't, it's not a deal killer and I'll probably still get the car. My 2009 X5 3.0 has a slight oil leak and with +$92k miles, so time to get a new one.

Here's incoming the X5:
2015 5.0 M Sport
Carbon Black
Fineline pure wood trim
Mocha Design w mocha nappa leather
Executive pkg
Active Drivign Asst Plus
20" M double spoke wheels
Enhanced BT
Standard suspension

Things I'd like (don't need) in my ideal build the to would pay for
M suspension
Night vision (lots of deer on the highways and people walking on the road in dark clothes where I live)

I'm also going to get a trailer hitch placed (towing a boat) by the dealer. This might be a negotiating point. Anyone have success with this?

Once I get it, I'll hardwire my V1 with the SAVVY (the posts in this have Ben great as I've been a little shy to do any mods myself in th past). Later on, Dinan upgrades.
You say your build comes with Standard Suspension. Have you driven a car with Standard and compared with one with Adaptive Suspension?
In UK M Sport comes with AS but I would not have an F15 with Standard Suspension.
Well publicised on this site the technical differences.
I'd suggest you test drive both and then commit.
Just my 4 pennies worth.
Appreciate 0