View Single Post
      01-19-2018, 03:38 PM   #3
MN2///M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: very fast!

Did you get a copy of the alignment report? Given your issue and the usual suspects have not resolved it, I would not assume any of it is good.

Anything in the rotating mass of the front end could be causing your vibration. If you are willing to do some work yourself. I would recommend jacking the front end up, remove the wheels and begin with a througrough visual inspection of all the rotating masses. Clean everything up, making sure the mating surfaces for the wheels and hub are clean and even. Rotate your brake discs and see if there is any movement/play or binding.

If you have a Go-Pro or similar camera that you can mount so that you can record the tire as you drive down the road, you may be able to narrow down the issue to a specific wheel.

That's about all you can do at home. There are shops that still do on axle wheel balancing. Used to be really common place for high-end high-speed cars, but with technological advances, most cars don't need it anymore.
I would recommend that next. Many times, on axle wheel balancing can identify issues you can't visually detect. If nothing else, it should isolate the issue to a specific wheel hopefully that you can then dig deeper into.

Bottom line, anything in the rotating mass or play in the components holding that mass can lead to vibrations.

Not what you want to hear, but when the usual suspects don't resolve the issue, these problems are really difficult to isolate.

Good luck; let us know if you get it solved.
Appreciate 0