View Single Post
      05-24-2018, 05:13 PM   #1596
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
Leaving a gym bag, towel etc on a bench while you go to get a drink or take a quick piss is pretty standard marking of territory
My point is marking of public territory as your own is absolutely incorrect. Your intention to use it (any soon, not right away) does not count as using. You have to make it legally private or comply.

Regarding a gym:
  • Don't hurry to piss, really. Mind your pants!
  • Don't you need a break anyway before another take on the same equipment?

• Do you really use the same thing repeatedly instead of going for something different before you return? Or do you leave you "marks" all over the place therefore? You should either rent the whole gym or provide the fast rotation which is a key in a public place, IMHO. Don't play a cheap VIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
But maybe not as I've come back from the water fountain to find someone unloading a 585lb bar that has knee wraps hanging off it and a gym bag and only shoes literally in the middle of the rack
If you're not especially correct yourself why would anybody bother to be correct with you? It's particularly irritating that those who exhibit no respect for others' rights do tend to claim their own. If reservations were applicable the gym would have an "official" way for that, I suppose. Otherwise use the water fountain, then use the equipment. Make it fast for everybody, not your precious self only.
Appreciate 0