LowerEast
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
How good is the acceleration?
Also that nice SUV is whole 3 inches wider than X5 and I thought X5 was wide. XC90 is widest in its class, yet front and rear shoulder rooms are narrower than X5. Where did all that width go? It has the narrowest shoulder room on all rows in its class.
Acceleration is fine. With the Polestar tune, it feels approx. the same as my untuned X5 35i (high 5 seconds 0 to 60). Maybe the Volvo is slightly quicker, but it's close enough that it makes no real difference. The Volvo with the Polestar tune is rated 30hp / 30lb/ft more than the BMW, and is a couple of hundred lbs lighter, so it should theoretically be faster, but the power and torque numbers for the BMW are likely underrated, so it makes sense to me they feel similar.

Responsiveness in traffic and on the highway is good in the Volvo - perhaps slightly more responsive than the X5. The Polestar tune includes revised gearbox mapping, and it definitely feels a little more aggressive than the X5, so the responsiveness may be more down the the gearbox than the engine.

I'm sure you're right about the shoulder room numbers, but I don't think it feels any wider or narrower. The interior of the Volvo is significantly nicer than the X5, so maybe the more airy, lighter feeling masks less shoulder room.
Appreciate 0