shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
Just figured out how to keep the codes so they don't get erased. I know Shawn explained that when they update software, it reverts back settings, but it's a good way to test. I just tested and VO Coded ddavtian's HU_NBT folder after I fdl coded everything. This erased all his settings. Then, from the new CODED CAF FOLDER I backed up (the same way I backed up the original CAF folder when I read coding data of his factory CAFD files), I restored the HU_NBT coded files. Simply right click the HU_NBT folder (or any other ECU folder you need to restore), selected NEW, then the long line (must not be greyed out- if greyed out, simply READ ECU again), which gave me access to to any CAFD module location. I selected the backed up CAFD HU_NBT file and simply hit CODE FDL - voila....everything he lost returned coded without me having to individually go in and recode every single thing by editing fdl.
Yes, that is the process to inject .ncd data into CAFD, but if ECU was updated by dealer, it will have a new CAFD version, and I would not take backed up data from old CAFD "A" and try to restore it to new CAFD "B" as the two may not align.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0