10-14-2016, 09:48 AM   #33
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikheetleon View Post
Guys, another question for the RSE! I have a twin of 1 year old. They just switched to a straight up childseat and I've re-installed the screens (I had to detach them because the baby seats wouldn't fit anymore with screens attached). I've got a USB stick with several dvd's and avi files. They all play just fine. But how can I get the audio to play over the car speakers? I've got the wireless headphones, but since my kids don't understand (yet) that they have to keep them on to listen, I would prefer the car speakers to play the movie on (I know what you think... newbe dad, thinks he can stand it to listen to Dora the Explorer for a couple of hours straight.... :-)). Is that possible? I couldn't figure it out via the front iDrive or remote control. One (ugly) option would be to plug a 3,5 jack from left or right RSE to the front AUX. I've tried the USB in the front and rear port, but front only play's the movie/audio in front (not in rear), and rear only plays the movie, but audio only via headphones.

I was just enabling the DivX/VCD stuff in RSE_HU_NBT and have seen some Bluetooth paramters, maybe for the people trying to pair their non-bmw headphones, the trick might be in there?

And is it possible to attach a (non-external powered) USB hardrive to the USB port instead of a stick?
I've found it. Priority was on driver side, so I couldn't change the audio output in the rear.

Next mod is to redirect the USB port in the rear and extend it to the center console in the front. Otherwise my USB stick will probably break out of the socket being unprotected in the rear. I think about unplugging the port (round connector) and put a cable on it with female usb. Nothing will be visible in the rear while the usb is plugged in. Have to find a way to get the rear climate control apart.
Appreciate 0