View Single Post
      04-02-2016, 04:55 PM   #1
roadkillrob
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i,22 X3M, 2012 C63 Black

Can someone post a pic of their rainsensor - mine is crazy!

Never had a problem with a rain sensor in the lat 6 cars I have owned, love the feature always worked well, no issues in the previous X3 or X5 and several other BMW's and Audi's with rain sensors.

Just got the F15 in mid Feb and the rain sensor is crazy, it will go on high sometimes when there is almost no rain and other times will wait so long I can't see and have to manually wipe the windshield but then will go back to being ok.

I have searched around, not seen anyone with the specific issues. I turned the sensitivity down with some coding as originally it seemed to go way to fast even when on low, but now also goes way to slow sometimes.

I took a look at the sensor to see if there was any dirt etc on it, and it seems to be very poorly installed where it is adhered to the windshield, where my S4 and E93 335i are perfectly applied, the F15 looks blotchy and not uniformly attached to the windshield.

Attached is a pic, just wanted to compare to see what others look like and if they are better attached like I expect. Will take it to the dealer, but would like to have a normal vs mine pic to show them.

I had to turn the flash on to get a good pic if anyone else can try to take a pic for me.

Thanks

Rob
Attached Images

Appreciate 0