View Single Post
      05-10-2015, 06:56 PM   #1
yankeeboyX5
Rep
Drives: 2012 Red 328i F30

Samsung Galaxy S6 EDGE Owners ConnectedDrive Feedback Please

Hello,

Ordered my new X5 F15 35i on Monday - the dealer called me yesterday and said it will be in on the 15th!! Amazingly fast build.

I had a '12 328i which I loved, but my wife got really sick and I had to drive her back and forth from Pittsburgh to NYC for treatment and cancer care at the best...I traded it in for the first build of the '14 Overland - been about 2 years now. She needed something comfortable and "couchy"...it wasn't really an option at the time, but wow what a mistake I made. I have been in litigation with Chrysler for over a year...what a piece of junk, was in the shop for almost 3 months of the 2 years I owned it . Finally getting my settlement check this week and literally flipped it as a down payment on the F15.

Anyway, I have an iPhone 6 Plus and a few weeks before ordering the F15, picked up the new Galaxy S6 EDGE - really slick phone, I love the way it feels in the hand. That being said - I ordered the 6NR option (Enhanced BT/Office) and after much research, I am having a hard time figuring out the differences between Android and iPhone, and what ConnectedDrive has to offer.

What I HAVE found out is that there is an iPhone 6 cradle floating around in Germany that should eventually make its way here. I wonder if they would make a cradle for the S6/S6 EDGE, especially with its popularity.

I use Pandora & TuneIn on my phone daily and other than that - I could care less about Facebook/Twitter on my cars screen - in fact I would hate that.

Everyone I have read says the Android version of the app is horrendous, but then I read the same thing about the iOS version. If I stay with the S6, what functionality with ConnectedDrive am I losing out on? Is it really THAT bad?

Just looking for feedback from other users. If the responses are iOS all the way - well, I just have to dump the Samsung, but if I am not losing too much, I might consider staying with it.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0