View Single Post
      01-18-2017, 03:47 PM   #17
FourDoor
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIn2 View Post
I'm converting to non-RFTs and just ordered and received this spare from GETBMWPARTS.com https://www.getbmwparts.com/partloca...catalogid=4462
$450 is awfully steep for a small doughnut and a cheap jack

Where are people getting the spare for $150?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
This is what it looks like with the spare and tools in my E70.

This picture shows the compact spare (fully inflated), with OE scissors jack tool fit nicely in a plastic bag.

Also in the trunk are:

1. 2 piece baby stroller
2. Large picnic quilt
3. Graco Pack n Play
4. Flat bag containing a Baby Bjorn and dining table lobster claw
5. Plastic Fisher Price high chair (green bag, moved to the left to show the spare
6. And a bag of chips

... pretty much the spare takes up 1/3 of the space under the cargo cover. Picture speaks louder than words, more than enough space left for 3 weekend bags and a misc bag of kids stuff.

Again all this fits UNDER the cargo cover. I will move the green bag on front of the spare, which creates even more room. Also note the 40/60 passenger side seat back is jacked all the way back for the kids seat in row 2. There will be more room if it's normally upright
Wow, that's impressive that you were able to get that much in there with a full size spare. Our current stroller takes up the whole back of the X5 sideways now. There's no way that my family can give up 1/3rd of the already small trunk space for a spare if we'll be gone for a weekend road trip. If the tire can't be plugged by the local tire shop and the distance home is too far for the small doughnut spare, then we'll just be spending a couple extra days at our vacation location while the new tire ships!
Appreciate 0