View Single Post
      10-29-2017, 11:10 PM   #475
shezi01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMX X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanin1979 View Post
Thanks. I followed these instructions but have run into a couple issues that need assistance.

1. I was able to code the turn signals in HUD just fine.
2. I changed to the M animation at startup AND removed the Legal Disclaimer. What I have noticed is that sometimes I just see the M animation startup for a second or two and straight to the Nav screen. Sometimes I will turn on the car and it will go straight to the Nav screen as soon as I turn on the car which is a bit strange. I don't get the 'Loading Navigation' or anything, just right to the main screen. I am thinking about turning on the Legal Disclaimer so I can see the M navigation on startup. Previously, I would always see the animation startup each time.
3. I really wanted to get the folded mirrors on locking/unlocking the car. I did the selections for 'Fold mirrors when locking vehicle with Comfort Access' and 'Unfold mirrors when unlocking vehicle with Comfort Access' and cannot get it to work. Upon 'coding' those, I did get quite a few errors on the dash which cleared upon turning off the car and letting it sit for ~1 hour.

Am I missing something? Is there an easy way to see all the options which need to get checked for functionality to work (for example, turn signals in HUD need to have two entries turned on). Yes, slow connection is turned on.
For no.2 in the beginning I noticed the same where M animation wasn't coming on or didn't last but after about 72 hours I do see animation come up and go through fine. Are you switching to reverse or maybe activating other features which night take precedence over animation screen?

For no.3 I have comfort access and didn't want to fold and unfold mirrors, so haven't tried that.. have you tried holding your hand on comfort access for couple seconds, or 2nd attempt of unlocking to see if mirror folds.

I'm out of town but can try to code when I get back and see what happens.

Last edited by shezi01; 11-01-2017 at 09:00 AM.. Reason: misspelling
Appreciate 0