10-18-2017, 02:17 PM   #29
OtisX5F15
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 35i F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeboyX5 View Post
Any chance anyone has been able to locate a video to do this for a 2015 F15 X5 35xi? I’m losing my mind with all the change rolling around and my dealer wants 3-4 hours of labor for it 🙄
Ideally, I’d like to do it the easier way...so am I understanding that I would only need to remove the trim and I should be able to see all of the change in there?? I’m pretty sure if I go to coin star after doing this I’ll pay for the tools, there’s at least $10 in there 🤣
Yankeeboy,

I tried doing this last night to my 2015 X5 35i F15. First thing I noticed was that the plastic on the console, around the shifter, was well below the side trims. So, plastic tools didn't work there. BUT, grabbing the silver portion of that trim, at the edge of the dual cup holders, works great. Just use your fingers and pry it up.

There are actually 8xT20 screws (not T30s as posted by someone else) that hold the shifter in place. I got 7 of 8 out, but of course the 8th one started to strip out. I will try this again once I figure out how to get better leverage on that last T20. I plan to take pictures and post, because my 2015 X5 35i looks different than others posted.
Appreciate 0