opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33 View Post
Opasha,
Ride is ok.
I did a quick write up on the other lowering spring thread started by TrinityTwo.
I would love it to go stiffer and less rebound.
It didn't rub in any way.
With your car, the reason your is rubbing, because your overall diameter is bigger than the original setup. Which is good in a way, this way you have more meat on the tires, so softer ride and you get more distance in 1 rotation.
The supposedly size for the F15 with 22" is 295/30-22 front and 335/25-22 rear.
So, to answer your question, yes you can lower yours, but be prepare with more rubbing on a full turn.
The slogan was, it is not low enough if it didn't rub. But of course, it meant by rubbing on the fender.
Hahah, awesome thanks for the information. Yeah, I know why it's rubbing. I've done plenty of reading/research/discussing even to help others who are trying to upgrade to 22". I'm happy with the tire thickness - the ride is great. I'll stick with my height since I don't mind it. There's not MUCH body roll, esp in Sport mode. I'm just so used to my lower FX35 with tight suspension, which is why I'm curious about these things/interested in your guys' experiences/knowledge. Thanks as always, bud!
Appreciate 0